Community services organisations have a role to play in helping to minimise the transmission of the COVID-19 virus. It is mandatory for services with on-site operations to have a COVIDSafe Plan.
U3A Highvale has developed a COVIDSafe Plan in compliance with Victoria State Government directives. All U3A members and especially COVID Check-in Marshalls should refer to the Plan for recommended actions which include:
- Mandatory vaccinations –
- Members should wear their name badges for identity screening and must stay away from classes if unwell.
- Only fully vaccinated members are allowed to enter Village premises and the Capital Reserve Pavilion.
- COVID Check-in Marshalls will ensure members with smart phones use the Service Victoria QR code to check in and show their digital certificate or authorised printed certificate. Proof of medical exemptions must also be sighted.
- Members who are unable to use the QR code will record their details in the Village Health Declaration forms or the printed COVID Registers at the Pavilion, for contact tracing purposes.
- Physical distancing – Members must observe the 4sq m per person ruling.
- Face masks – Masks are compulsory indoors except when undertaking physical activities.
- Good hygiene and cleaning – Practise good personal hygiene, hand sanitising and the maintenance of clean environments.
To understand the role of a COVID Check-in Marshall, click on COVID Check-in Marshall Checklist to view the checklist.